Thursday, September 27, 2007

friendship poems


For you, My Best Friend

This is for you, my best friend,
the one person i can tell my soul too
Who can relate to me like no other
Who I can laugh with to no extents,
Who I can cry too when times are tough,
Who can help me with the problems of my life.
Never have you turned your back on me
Or told me I wasnt good enough
Or let me down
I don't think you know what that means to me
You have went through so much pain and you still have time
For me.
And I love you for listening even when inside YOU are dying
And I look up too you because you are strong,
and caring and beautiful.
Even though you don't think you are.
And I hope you know that I am always here
To listen to you laugh and cry and help
In all the ways that i can
And I will try to be at least half the friend you are
To me.
I hope you know I would not be the person I am today, with out you.
My best friend.

Keeper of my Dreams
When you're not here to share my days and nights
My life is so incomplete
For you are my heart, my soul
The ‘oneness’ I had known to seek

Without you I merely exist from day to day
With you I know that I will find
All that I have been searching for
My completeness, my eternal peace of mind

You are the keeper of my dreams
The man who holds my heart in his hands
The one I want to spend my life with
The one with whom I will always stand

Stand beside through thick and thin
Through all that life will throw our way
Knowing that this special love we share
Will guide us, each and every day

This journey was started long ago
Before this time and place
The journey of completeness
As two hearts and souls embrace

Forever is what I want with you
For the search is at an end
Our hearts have found each other
As lovers, as soul-mates, as friends.

Special Someone

Someone to lean on
Someone to love
With arms wide open
You offer a hug

Someone to cry with
Laugh with and smile
Someone to make
Every moment worthwhile

When times get rough
And my world falls apart
You're someone I run to
You offer your heart

From tearful shoulders
To stomach-aching laughs
You're someone I need
And someone everyone should have

You're someone who can always
Show me the brighter side
And I can always tell you
What I feel inside

Someone to be thankful for
Someone to never forget
You're someone special I'll always love
You're the best friend I've ever met

Power of a Friend

As I am awakened swiftly
From a deep and peaceful sleep
My heart is racing wildly
Like a million little feet.

The panic that I used to feel
Has turned to something new
A feeling of strength and power
That I have somehow learned from you.

You have empowered me
To take a look within
And find the love of a friend
Where fear had always been.

So, now I reach into the dark
And feel the ray of light
From the love a friend sends to me
Shinning bright into the night.

By Your Side

It hurts to know you’re hurting
Because you’re so special in my heart
The pain that you are feeling
Is tearing me apart

But know that love has a way
Of easing all that’s wrong
Together we can make it
If we hold on and just be strong

Know that you’re not alone
In all your adversity
For by your side through and through
Is where I’ll always be

My Precious Friend

We all need someone
To talk to in our life,
A friend to whom we run
In times of stress or strife

A friend who's always there
Throughout the years,
A friend we know will care
And take away our fears.

A friend who's always near,
Waiting for our call,
To wipe away our tears,
And lift us when we fall.

A loving friend indeed,
On whom we can depend
To fulfill our every need -
Thank you, precious friend

All Friends are Not Forever
Friends are who you need the most,
When times are not so right.
They come and go so frequently,
You hope you pick one right.

The right one listens with both ears,
And soothes your aching heart.
The right one never questions you,
When you seem to fall apart.

The friend for you is one who says,
"Be calm and let me help"
For there are some real bad days,
When life hits you below the belt.

All friends are not forever,
They are few and far between,
But the few true friends you do find,
Will never, ever leave.


The Gift of Knowing You

There are gifts of many treasures
For both the young and old,
From the tiniest little trinkets
To great boxes filled with gold.

But, put them all together
And they could not stand in lieu,
Of the greatest gift of all
The gift of knowing you.

When your times are filled with troubles
Sadness, grief, or even doubt,
When all those things you planned on
Just aren't turning out.

Just turn and look behind you
From the place at which you stand,
And look for me through the shadows
And reach out for my hand.

I will lift from you your burden
And cry for you your tears,
Bear the pain of all your sorrows
Though it may be for a thousand years.

For in the end I would be happy
To have helped you start anew,
It's a small price to pay
For the gift of knowing you.

A Friend Whos Always There

If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you,
And share with you its beauty
On the days you're feeling blue

If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own,
A place to find serenity,
A place to be alone

If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea,
But all these things I'm finding
Are impossible for me

I cannot build a mountain,
Or catch a rainbow fair,
But let me be what I know best,
A friend who's always there


The Sort of Friend

I'd like to be the sort of friend that
you have been to me;
I'd like to be the help that
you've been always glad to be;

I'd like to mean as much to you
each minute of the day
As you have meant, old friend of mine,
to me along the way.

I'd like to do the big things and
the splendid things for you,
To brush the gray from out your skies
and leave them only blue;

I'd like to say the kindly things that
I so oft have heard,
And feel that I could rouse your soul
the way that mine you've stirred.

I'd like to give you back the joy
that you have given me,
Yet that were wishing you a need
I hope will never be;

I'd like to make you feel as rich as I,
who travel on
Undaunted in the darkest hours with you to
lean upon.

I'm wishing at this time that I
could but repay
A portion of the gladness that
you've strewn along my way;

And could I have one wish this year,
this only would it be:
I'd like to be the sort of friend
that you have been to me.


Always Be There

You are friendly, kind and caring
Sensitive, loyal and understanding
Humorous, fun, secure and true
Always there... yes that's you.

Special, accepting, exciting and wise
Truthful and helpful, with honest blue eyes
Confiding, forgiving, cheerful and bright
Yes that's you... not one bit of spite.

You're one of a kind, different from others
Generous, charming, but not one that smothers
Optimistic, thoughtful, happy and game
But not just another... in the long chain.

Appreciative, warm and precious like gold
Our friendship won't tarnish or ever grow old
You'll always be there, I know that is true
I'll always be here... always for you.

What It Is

It ain't the things you got;
It ain't the things you do;
It ain't the things you're not;
It's just because you're you!

It ain't about worldly treasure;
It ain't about a piece of art;
It ain't about anything you can measure;
It's about what's in your heart!

What it is ...
Is a friend, tried and true,
That's what I found when I met you!


God's Gift

One day when God felt generous,
He looked down at me and smiled,
"Since I feel so magnanimous,
I'd like to give you something, child."

He asked me what I wanted,
I said, "Oh, really nothing more,
You've done so much already."
He said, "That's what God is for."

"You have been pretty good," He said,
I know there's not much that you seek,
I will pick a little something,
Just to make your life complete."

With great anticipation,
I looked forward to my gift,
I wondered what God had in mind,
That would give me such a lift.

"This gift," God said, "You realize,
Bears some responsibility,
So, if you accept my present,
You must be willing to agree...

"To offer unconditionally,
A section or a part,
Of more than half of you,
The larger portion of your heart."

"Okay, God," I answered,
"Since in You, I always trust,
I'll meet your obligation,
In the manner that I must."

To myself, I thought, wow, what a gift,
For so much of me, God's asked,
Now what could be so valuable,
That my share was more than half?

With both hands I sought my gift,
I still did not have a clue,
Then God put your hand in mine,
And said His gift to me was YOU!

My Heart to Yours

In my heart there are many hidden places.
It is all filled with very many faces.

If you visit there you will see.
A special place I have saved for thee.

I see your suffering and share your pain.
I certainly wish we were well again.

I know and feel what you go through.
Because I have gone to that place too.

It is not for us to question why?
Many a tear we will cry.

We suffer some days more than the rest.
We try to show others our very best.

We don't want sympathy.
Not from our friends or family.

We just need them to understand.
What we have to try to withstand.

We no longer can do what we've done before.
Everything now for us has changed once more.

Yes, we are a little depressed and sad.
Remembering, we miss what we had.

We have had to give up many things we enjoyed.
Now we are among the list of unemployed.

It takes away our independence and cheer.
That we enjoyed in our yesteryear.

Please all join me in this new life.
Let's not look back to our strife.

Let's look ahead to a new adventure.
Many new things for us to venture.

Remember you're not really alone.
There are disabilities in every home.

So when you 're down and need a friend.
Email me or perhaps send an IM.

Just think if we weren't as we are,
We would not have met, for we live afar!

So isn't it nice to have AOL.
So we can share our hearts. "Isn't this swell?

What's that I see upon your face? "A Smile?"
To know you've had a friend here, all the while.

So if you are lonely, depressed or sad.
Make this your time to be Glad!

Just remember, I am here for you.
Perhaps even to write a poem or two.

To send you from My Heart to Yours.
To print out and place in dresser drawers!

Pull them out when ever the need.
A smile will grow from this seed!


Best Friend

A friendship given from the heavenly sky,
Is surely destined to fly.
It will fly beyond the heavens up above,
Into the valley of friendships love.

Though we are an ocean apart,
He is always deep within my heart.
Forever and always my loving pal,
I confess my love right here, right now.

Together we shall soar in the deep blue sky,
There, we will reveal every secret and lie.
Hand in hand to never part,
Held within each other's hearts.

Our friendship is more than one could think,
Our hearts are heavy that they sink.
True friends until the very end.
He is my truest, most best friend.

We Both Have Won

There comes a time in all our lives
When nothing seems to blend
When all the world is frowning
That's when we need a friend

Someone who'll sit and listen
And perhaps add a word or two
Who with kindness hears your troubles
Who we know has troubles too

So we then own that someone
A few precious moments when
We listen to their troubles
That's the measure of a real friend
So now the scales are balanced
And all is said and done
Our troubles seem so very small
That means we both have won.


Forever Friends

Friends we are,
forever friends we'll be,
Wherever we are,
you're right beside me.

I hope we stay friends
'til the end of time,
And whenever that is,
our friendship will still shine.

You mean the world to me,
I hope the same with you,
You're always helping me,
whatever it takes you'll do.

Now that we're growing older,
changing our ways,
I know we won't lose our friendship-
I hope I never see that day.

So to every one of my friends,
you mean the world to me,
Friends we are,
forever friends we'll be.


Friendship Advice

Friendship is something special,
it can not be bought or sold
Its value is far greater
than any silver or even gold

When times get rough,
they always seem to understand
Without being asked,
they comfort and lend a helping hand

Holding you up
when they think you will fall
No matter what,
they help you through it all

Friends lift you up,
when you are feeling low
They take you in
when you have no place to go

Never ever forget
or take such things for granted
For you can never re-sow
the seed that's already been planted

Take this to heart,
let it never be undone
In order to keep a friend
you must first be one

Honesty is something
that should always be your aim
With lies, their wounds may heal,
but nothing's ever the same

So cherish your friendship,
always be sincere
Open up your heart,
and it will never disappear


Our Friendship

Thank you for our friendship
For it means so much to me,
Your kindness and understanding
And loving ways you share so free.

Thank you for being beside me
When I needed someone that cared,
And thank you for all your loyalty
For the times together we shared.

Thank you for our friendship
For it's something even money can't buy,
Thank you for holding me tightly
When there was a need I had to cry.

Thank you for always smiling
When I couldn't smile at all,
And thank you for boosting my ego
For the times I felt so small.

Your friendship I cherish so deeply
So this message to you I send,
May God bless and always watch over you
And may you always remain my friend...

A Friend Is

A friend is someone with whom, your thoughts,
dreams and secrets you can share.
And no matter what you say or do, you know
that they still care.
A friend is always ready to laugh
with you when you are glad.
But has shoulder for you to cry on
at those times when you are sad.

A friend always want the best for you
And they are not happy until you are too.

A friend is never jealous
of the things you may attain.
And if you are the winner you will
not hear them complain.

A friend is a person who could spend everyday
with you, from beginning to end.

When you find someone like this they are more
than a friend they are a ...BEST FRIEND


When Days are Filled with Sunshine

When days are filled with sunshine
How close we hold a friend,
It's good to share the laughter
And dreams that have no end.

But when the days are shadowed,
And touched with pain or grief,
The bonds of friendship tighten
Almost beyond belief.

The burdens aren't so heavy
When someone takes your hand,
And not a word is needed
For true friends to understand.

The world would be more lonely
In sunny hours or grey,
Without the bonds of friendship
To help us every day!

No comments: