Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Friendship Poems


Friendship Poems



Friendship Continues to Grow

Friends so quickly come
And friends sometimes go
But if a friendship is true
It will always continue to grow.

For the qualities of a friend
Are too many to describe,
But one thing is certain
They're never hard to find.

Always remember that
Friends have feelings too,
Don't forget little things that matter
Like saying please, and thank you.

They often do so much
To help us out everyday,
Which is definitely why
Friends are needed in every way.

So take not for granted
The qualities of your friends,
For you never know
When you may see them again.


Friendship may be a Simple Thing

Friendship may be a simple thing
but lots of love, it can bring

Things to share and talk about
It's something you just can't do without

All your life, friendship lasts
through the years, You'll look back

Remembering the laughs and happy times
Along With The Cries And Sorry Sighs

Friendship can never come apart
Especially when it's straight from the heart

Friendships don't die, they continue to grow
so be sure to cherish the friendships you know.


Cherished Friends Like You

God must have known there would be
times we'd need a word of cheer,
Someone to praise a triumph
or brush away a tear.

He must have known we'd need to share
the joy of little things
In order to appreciate
the happiness life brings.

I think He knew our troubled hearts
would sometimes throb with pain,
At trials and misfortunes,
or goals we can't attain.

He knew we'd need the comfort
of an understanding heart
To give us strength and courage
to make a fresh, new start.

He knew we'd need companionship
unselfish.... lasting.... true,
And so God answered
the heart's great need
with Cherished Friends.... like you!!

You will always be cherished in my heart.


Confide in a Friend

When you're tired and worn
at the close of the day
And things just don't seem to be going your way,
And even your patience has come to an end,
Try taking time out and confide in a friend.

Perhaps she too may have walked the same road
With a much troubled heart and a burdensome load,
To find peace and comfort somewhere near the end,
When she stopped long enough to confide in a friend.

For then are most welcome a few words of cheer,
For someone who willingly lends you an ear.
No troubles exist that time cannot mend,
But to get quick relief, just confide in a friend.


Friends are Always There

Friends are the ones that are always there,
Whenever anything gives you a scare.
They'll be there when the road gets rough,
They see you through when times are tough.

They know when to laugh, when to smile, when to cry,
They even know when all you need is a sigh.
They make you laugh when you are down,
They make a smile out of a frown.

Never hold grudges over something that's silly,
The best friendships are often hilly.
So just remember when you find a true friend,
Never let that friendship end.

A Friend Will Always

A friend will always...

Cheer you up,
When you're blue

Listen to all your woes
Help you out with your foes

Encourage you to succeed
Know when you are in need

Remember you on special days
Help you out in so many ways

Tell you how things really are
Remember you from afar

Give you what support they can
Be your true and logal fan

Love you in good times or bad
Build you up when you're sad

Help you when you've done it wrong
Remind you that you do belong

Give you a pat on the back
Tell you when you've got the knack

Hug you just to console
Remind you that you have a goal

Celebrate your victories
Pick you up from your knees

Hurt with you when you're down
And Try to wipe away your frown


The Friendship Recipe

Fold two hands together
And express a dash of sorrow
Marinate it overnight
And work on it tomorrow

Chop one grudge in tiny pieces
Add several cups of love
Dredge with a large sized smile
Mix with the ingredients above

Dissolve the hate within you
By doing a good deed
Cut in and help your friend
If he should be in need

Stir in laughter, love, and kindness
From the heart it has to come
Toss with genuine forgiveness
And give your neighbor some

The amount of people served
Will depend on you
It can serve the whole wide world
If you really want it to


Into Each Life

Into each life a little rain will fall,
but if you have a friend,
you can bear it all,
for a friend is an umbrella,
to hold above your head,
and help you think about,
the sunny days instead.

Into each life a little sun will shine,
but if you have a friend,
it will always be fine,
for if you can share the sunny times,
with a friend that will be grand,
as you talk and walk together,
securely hand in hand.

Into each life a little wind will blow,
but if you have a friend,
to whom you can go,
your friend can help to guide you,
can help you make the choice,
by offering their view,
and adding a new voice.

Into each life like leaves
things will fall,
but if you have a friend,
you know that you can call,
they'll always steer you clearly,
when their counsel's sought,
for a friend is like a safety net,
in which you will be caught.

Into each life a friend will come to you,
for if you have a friend,
you'll know what to do,
when a problem shows itself,
for a friend is there to share,
to offer an opinion,
and show that someone cares.

Into my life my friend came as you,
for I know I have a friend,
to share experiences old or new,
in the rain, sun, wind or fall,
who is loving, loyal and most true,
that sees my best qualities,
and knows I am their friend too.

Thank you for all the times that you've been there for me.


Thankyou For Our Friendship

Thank you for our friendship
For it means so much to me,
Your kindness and understanding
And loving ways you share so free.

Thank you for being beside me
When I needed someone that cared,
And thank you for all your loyalty
For the times together we shared.

Thank you for our friendship
For it's something even money can't buy,
Thank you for holding me tightly
When there was a need I had to cry.

Thank you for always smiling
When I couldn't smile at all,
And thank you for boosting my ego
For the times I felt so small.

Your friendship I cherish so deeply
So this message to you I send,
May God bless and always watch over you
And may you always remain my friend.


If You Ever Need Me

If ever you need me,
I'll be right here,
To chase away the sadness,
And wipe away a tear.

If ever you need me,
I'll be two steps behind,
To follow in your footsteps,
And hear what's on your mind.

If ever you need me,
You'll never have to fear,
That your presence isn't important,
And your love isn't dear.

If ever you need me,
I'll always be around,
To bring back the laughter,
Where deep in your heart it's found.

You will never have to worry
For I will always be here
To chase away the sadness
And wipe away a tear


Sort of Friend You Have Been to Me

I'd like to be the sort of friend that
you have been to me;
I'd like to be the help that
you've been always glad to be;

I'd like to mean as much to you
each minute of the day
As you have meant, old friend of mine,
to me along the way.

I'd like to do the big things and
the splendid things for you,
To brush the gray from out your skies
and leave them only blue;

I'd like to say the kindly things that
I so oft have heard,
And feel that I could rouse your soul
the way that mine you've stirred.

I'd like to give you back the joy
that you have given me,
Yet that were wishing you a need
I hope will never be;

I'd like to make you feel as rich as I,
who travel on
Undaunted in the darkest hours with you to
lean upon.

I'm wishing at this time that I
could but repay
A portion of the gladness that
you've strewn along my way;

And could I have one wish this year,
this only would it be:
I'd like to be the sort of friend
that you have been to me.


Always There

If I could catch a rainbow
I would do it just for you.
And share with you it's beauty
On the days you're feeling blue.
If I could build a mountain
You could call your very own.
A place to find serenity
A place to be alone.
If I could take your troubles
I would toss them in the sea.
But all these things I'm finding
are impossible for me,
I cannot build a mountain
Or catch a rainbow fair
But let me be...what I know best,
a friend that's always there.

Eternal Friends

You're a true friend,
that I want you to know,
Our love for each other
has helped us to grow.
We've been through some tough times,
but we've made it through,
The only one I ever trusted was you.

You helped me through anger,
you've chased away fears.
You held me through sadness,
and kissed away tears.

You stayed by my side
when the world turned away.
You helped me see joy
when the skies were all gray.

You were the rainbow
at the end of the storm.
You help me be different
when I shouldn't conform.

You held my hand
when you knew we would fall.
Every heartache,
you saw me through it all.

I'm not sure
I'm always the best friend to you,
I know I'm not perfect,
but this much is true.

When life gets you down,
And there's nowhere to turn,
I'll help you through and
I'll share your concern.

I'll try my best to return every favor,
When you're sure that you'll drown,
then I'll be your lifesaver;
Even if we both go down.

Whether we sink or swim
doesn't matter at all,
Just know that I'll be there
whenever you call.

I'll pull you out
when life pulls you under.
I'll be the sun
when there's lightning and thunder.

And when it's all over,
And we've fought every war,
There's one thing I promise,
Of this I am sure,
When the time comes
that we're put to our rest.
Be sure that you know that,
My friend, you're the best.

And if there is Heaven,
then I know you'll be there,
That if you die first
then you'll hear every prayer.
And soon I'll join you,
but just know until then.
That I'll miss you each day
'til I see you again.

At the end of the tunnel,
you'll be my guiding light,
You'll lead me to heaven,
away from the night.

We'll be there together,
and we'll never grow old.
And we'll walk hand in hand
On the streets paved of gold.


A Friend from Above

I prayed for you before we met,
Not knowing who you'd be.
I asked the Lord to send a friend.
One chosen just for me.

I asked that they'd be Godly,
With wisdom of His ways.
A friend to help and guide me
I the troubles of these days.

So often in life, we need someone
To listen while we talk.
Someone who will not condemn or judge,
But encourage us as we walk.

The narrow road we choose to follow
May sometimes make us stumble.
But to have a friend to catch our fall,
Teaches us to be humble.

When I asked the Lord to send a friend,
Though many came and went.
He gave much more than I ever asked,
For you are the friend He sent.

I'll Be Your Friend

I can't give solutions to all of life's problems, doubts,
or fears. But I can listen to you, and together we will
search for answers.

I can't change your past with all it's heartache and pain,
nor the future with its untold stories.
But I can be there now when you need me to care.

I can't keep your feet from stumbling.
I can only offer my hand that you may grasp it and not fall.

Your joys, triumphs, successes, and happiness are not mine;
Yet I can share in your laughter.

Your decisions in life are not mine to make, nor to judge;
I can only support you, encourage you,
and help you when you ask.

I can't prevent you from falling away from friendship,
from your values, from me.
I can only pray for you, talk to you and wait for you.

I can't give you boundaries which I have determined for you,
But I can give you the room to change, room to grow,
room to be yourself.

I can't keep your heart from breaking and hurting,
But I can cry with you and help you pick up the pieces
and put them back in place.

I can't tell you who you are.
I can only love you and be your friend.



Why God Gave us Friends

GOD knew that everyone needs
Companionship and cheer,
He knew that people need someone
Whose thoughts are always near.

He knew they need someone kind
To lend a helping hand.
Someone to gladly take the time
To care and understand.

GOD knew that we all need someone
To share each happy day,
To be a source of courage
When troubles come our way.

Someone to be true to us,
Whether near or far apart.
Someone whose love we'll always
Hold and treasure in our hearts.

That's Why GOD Gave Us Friends!

Priceless to Me

It takes more than caring
To be a real friend;
The nature of friendship;
Requires a blend
Of warmest compassion
And love deep and true
To reach and to comfort
The way that you do.
Because I can see
That your kind of friendship
Is priceless to me.

My Friend

My Friend when I think of you.
I think of all that we've been through.
All the times we argue and fight,
I know deep inside that it isn't right.
I, then feel bad and alot of pain.
It feels like I've fallen from the sky like the rain.
I love you dear friend with all of my heart.
But now that you're gone I've fallen apart.
I'm getting better as the days go by.
I wish sometimes this was all a big lie.
I pray to you every night.
It's like you're my fire, a burning light.
My dear friend, I miss you alot.
I still wonder why you were put in that spot.
I know you're in a place much better than here.
Watching and helping me with all of my fear.
Our friendship my dear friend,
we will have to the end.
Friends till the end is what we will be.
Someday we'll be together,
together you and me.


A Friend is Like

A friend is like a flower,
a rose to be exact,
Or maybe like a brand new gate
that never comes unlatched.
A friend is like an owl,
both beautiful and wise.
Or perhaps a friend is like a ghost,
whose spirit never dies.
A friend is like a heart that goes
strong until the end.
Where would we be in this world
if we didn't have a friend

Remain Forever Near

As we walk our path of life,
We meet people everyday.
Most are simply met by chance.
But, some are sent our way.

These become special friends
Whose bond we can't explain;
The ones who understand us
And share our joy and pain.

Their love contains no boundaries.
So, even we are apart.
Their presence enhances us
With a warmth felt in the heart.

This love becomes a passageway,
When even the miles disappear.
And so, these friends, God sends our way,
Remain forever near.


No comments: